
So, Day two: did 30 minuets on the treadmill and push ups, squats and plank. I plan on doing pedal bike and some upper body yoga this evening. I have to be careful with yoga because my hip could be a lot worse if I don't watch it.
I figured out yesterday that I have about 217 days to reach my goal and I need to lose 3 to 4 pounds a week to do it. I am telling everyone about it in hopes that that will keep me on track. I am scared that I will do what I seem to always do and that is start strong and then get tired and give up. I am not going to do that this time!!! When Sam and I were discussing this who process on Sunday he said something that stood out to me. I was lamenting about how I have tried this before and why would this time be any different and he said that is that this time is different because I am coming in to it with a different set of experiences than I have previously. It struck me how true this is we are always growing and changing and there is nothing to lock us in to past behavior patterns. One of my favorite quotes is from Ann of Green Gables "Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it" I just have to remember that each and ever day and keep going.
Yesterday I ended up working out about one hour 45 minuets total not quite the two hours but I didn't get off work till 8 pm. Sam is worried I will burn out if I keep going at the pace I am going. I just don't know how else to do it.
Right now I am leaning towards spark people as an eating program I logged there yesterday and I went about 100 calories over my 1550 calorie goal. The only thing that I am worried about with spark people is I am not sure they adjust the calories you are given based on how much you exercise while weight watchers does. Over all I would count my first day as successful. Thank you to those of you who have commented here and at face book . So to tie this in to one of my other goals I am going to finish my posts with some things that make me happy / things I am grateful for.
1) Super supported Husbands
2) Co workers willing to go on a walks with me
3) Shaved Puppies
All my Love !
Jennette
3 comments:
Good job. You can do it. I helped doing a dieting study in college and one of the biggest things they recommended was not having calories too low too fast. I would factor in how many extra you are burning with all your exercise. You're awesome!
I love what Sam said and I agree... I had a similar epiphany a few years ago when I realized that even if I look the same on the outside to others, each experience I have had has changed me into a different person. So each time I approach a goal (again, because it seems I am always working on the same few issues!) I know that I am a few steps forward from the last time. It also helps to look at others this way, especially in social work. Even if someone comes back in for services for the same issue, they are not the same person they were before. :-)
I use the body bug that they use on the biggest loser. It counts my calories and then the bug counts the calories I burn as well as my activity level and steps. I LOVE IT!
Oh, and on the part about burning out, just be careful to not over do it. When you loose the weight you may get to thinking that you don't have to wk out as much or eat the same way anymore, just be careful. I speak from experience
Post a Comment