Monday, October 24, 2011

Beating the anxiety bug and Giving up the word Try: End of Week Three



I am now down 6.6 pounds. Six has always been my lucky number so I hope this is a portent of good things to come. Today I woke up with a great deal of anxiety. You know the type where you are just waiting for the other shoe or house to drop. I called my husband to try and work through it and it may just be that it is Monday and Monday is back to work day. As I talked to Sam he said something so simple that just reminded me of what I am doing. He said doesn't thinking like that Just attract that back to you?(or something very similar) and I thought about it and yes he is right.

I have a history of Anxiety and Panic disorder. While I still struggle with the anxiety, I haven't had a panic attack for over 5 years. My panic attacks were bad they were full of hyperventilating and screaming. Part of what has helped me get to where I am with the panic attacks is realizing that I used them as a way to avoid situations I didn't want to handle, and that I had way more control over them than I thought.

So, What does this have to do with weight loss?....

At one point in my life I was certain that panic attacks would always be a part of my life. Just like I have always on some level believed that being fat was just part of who I am. It doesn't have to be, I have that control and I have that choice. What I put out to the world is what I get back, just like my husband said. With all this in mind I am giving up the word Try and all it's derivatives i.e. trying. I am not 'trying to lose weight', I AM losing weight. I AM getting healthier and I AM able to do this.

So that is it for today, writing it even helped my feeling of anxiety.

Things I am Grateful For,

1- Super smart Husband that is always supportive
2- The ability to make choices and change my life
3- Friends who have Cucumbers as snacks at parties because they know what I am trying to do and want to be supportive
4- Everyone who reads my Blog and Facebook posts and comments or likes things. It helps so so so much

All My Love,

Jennette

3 comments:

Karen said...

way to work past it. You can do this and be successful!

Lisa said...

I love this one!

Ruth Emmett said...

Hi Jennette, found your blog through Stephanie's. I think you are amazing and it's awesome you have lost 6 lbs! That is success already, keep it up, you are strong, and you can do it:)