Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thoughts on God and they way we treat each other.




So one of my friends posted a song today about the United States being united one nation under god. This made me think "Which God?" While I do consider my self agnostic, I hope that there is a god, a plan, and an afterlife. The thing is, which god concept do you subscribe too? The vengeful god?, The All Knowing All Powerful God? The absent God? The polytheistic pantheon? The one 'true' God? All of the Above?

I know that many of my friends and family are very religious and I think that is great. I am a firm believer that if religion is where you find Joy and peace that is right where you should be. I am not trying to sway any one, or change any minds; just express my own thoughts an beliefs; please take it as such. I am not looking for an argument and please don't take this as a 'teaching moment' where you try and change my mind. If you can't do that then please stop reading now and part as friends knowing I love you and hope I can support you in your spiritual journey.

I would like to Express my Idea of God.

1)God laughs and crys at our petty bickering over who is righter, This religion or that religion, this government or that government. I think all he really wants is for us to show love, kindness and respect for each other and all the rest is just extra.


2) If there is more than one God or Goddesses (Yes I think it could be a woman) The likely hood is that they are working together not against each other. I think contention is a man made invention. If they were fighting against each other this world, nay this universe (and all the others), would have ended before it began.


3) What if we are ALL right? Think about it. Why is it either/or why is it not And? If God is all powerful then with him ALL things are possible, why not AND?


4) We create a great deal of our reality through our choices and actions. I think that if there is a plan it is a broad one. God doesn't care what brand of peas you buy, or even if you eat them or not. You did not miss your chance to be _______ because you didn't or did _______. To me that seems petty. I don't think God is petty. Again it brings me back to Love, Kindness and respect.


5) We are more connected than we are comfortable with. I think this is why we try to segregate and individualize so much. It is scary to think that everyone else's choices are effecting MY reality, MY life. Try thinking OUR not MY and see what happens (especially if you are a parent). Think be for you act, you are never, let me repeat that, NEVER, functioning in a vacuum. ALL your actions have effects on others. Even when you are alone and think no one is looking, YOU are looking and you have a response to your own actions, which in turn effects your reactions and responses to others. This in turn effects them. It is actually kind of scary if you think about it. I guess this is very evident to me in my job.


6)Others aren't thinking about you as much as you think they are (ironic don't you think after the previous entry?). We are all wrapped up in our own heads. This may be partially cultural. Don't run you life by should and shouldn't and what will 'so and so' think. God wants love, kindness and respect not obsession, judgement and guilt, to be the basis of our relationships. Think about it next time you try and guilt trip some one in to doing something you know they don't want to do. Are you showing Love, Kindness and Respect?


7) GOD is LOVE; aka GOD = Love. Anything that does not promote this or makes this equation invalid is not of God. If someone is trying trying to provoke anger, fear or hate. What they are doing is not of God.


8)As you can see my view is not of a Vengeful separatist god that excludes for any reason. To me All Knowing is All Loving. He does not need to 'take back the country,' or 'marriage' or 'family' etc because the whole Universe is his and he doesn't need our help. I think he is more OK with us then we think. Again with the laughing and crying; he loves and accepts us UNCONDITIONALLY. Personally I don't believe there is one 'right way to live and be happy' in any aspect of life. What makes you happy at one time in your life is not necessarily going to make you happy in another and that's OK.


9) Balance in all things includes a balanced spiritual life. This can be your relationship with GOD or religion or your own spiritual path. There is such a thing as too much of a 'good thing' and I believe that spirituality is one of those 'good things'


10) God is the Master of Forgiveness so I am sure if I am wrong then he will forgive me.


As with all my posts I reserve the right to change my mind with out prior notice on any topic at any time.


Most of all I hope you all have Love, Kindness, Respect, Peace and Joy in your lives and I don't care where you find it. I just want you to have it. To quote an oldie but a good is "And above all this I wish you Love, and I will always love you." with all my heart.


Jennette <3

No comments: