Friday, November 5, 2010

Long Time no blog


So it has been a while since I added anything hear. I did finish my 5K goal Yeah! and then it was back to the school work internship grind stone. I also went back to therapy. Sometimes I think it is ironic that I am a therapist in training in therapy, but ultimately I feel it is the right thing for me. Though something happened in therapy two weeks ago that makes me wonder.

Every time I go to therapy they make me fill out an OQ ( Outcomes Questionnaire) that tracks how I am doing. My therapist pulled up the graph on it to show me and told me that basically the results were showing that I was probably not going to get any relief from my "symptoms" through therapy. This really frustrated me. I understand the need for assessment tools, but really is that the best thing to tell a client. It's like pulling the hope rug out from under them that this might work. Kind of pissed me off. We went on to have a good/ emotional session after that but now I feel like why am I doing this if it's not going to work. Honestly before I saw the chart that is my life pattern I thought it was helping now I'm not so sure. Also I felt the pattern was indicative of the disthymic disorder I am diagnosed with ( for those of you who don't know what that is it is a basically functional but constant level of depression). To quote the credits from the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Gurr Arg"

Any way life is entertaining and I am entertained by it. I hope you are all having a great day and step on some crunchy leave for me :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I think that questioners can be useful tools, but I don't think that they can really capture everything there is to your progress. You are insightful and aware of yourself. If you feel like you are it's helping then it most likely is. You rock!