Sunday, October 12, 2008

Inspiration


More than anything else in my life I want to be inspired. I used to be able to find it in religion, but when inspiration turned to self loathing and guilt it could no longer be part of my existence. I couldn't reconcile my own personal view of God with that of my religion. I need God to be accepting and loving, and to me part of that is being non-exclusionary. I can not believe there is only one way back to god, that there is only one true religion. I believe that in a infinite universe with an Omnipotent God there are infinite ways back to God. That through all the different religions there is some type of truth and that there is salvation or peace through all these paths, but I don't think religion has to be part of the equation.


I believe that one can connect to God, spirit, the universe etc... without religion. Spirituality is an important part of my life, but one that I often neglect due to time. I need to make it more of a priority, I don't know how to do it though. I want to meditate more, read more on spirituality from all religions, take time to commune with spirit. I love the way it feels when a truth resonates in my heart, I have found these truths in Buddhism, Hinduism, yoga, Wicca, Judaism, and others.


Spirituality is an on going conversation and can not be completely discussed in one blog I am sure this is a topic I will revisit frequently.

1 comment:

Ruth Emmett said...

Hey Jennette! I found your blog through Stephanie's blog. Hope you don't mind if i add you to my list of friends:) Hope things are going well for you!